Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shaking Things Up

Sooo I hardly write on here.. :( That was not the point of having this blog. I've noticed a lot of my friends beginning Tumblrs or Blogspot's, which makes me feel like I should keep up with this more.

I have changed the name from "Restlessness At It's Finest" to "One Winged Dove." This is a reference to a mistake I have been making for years. My sister pointed this out to me on a car ride home over a year ago. The song EDGE OF SEVENTEEN, by Stevie Nicks, was blasting on the radio, and like I always do, I began singing along in my own unique tone-deaf way. When the chorus came along, I belted out, "Just like the one winged dove, saves flight and sings in, ohh baby ohh ohhh." I can not explain the look my sister gave me, but I can try to describe her uncontrollable burst of laughter. She later told me the lyrics are actually, "Just like the white winged dove...Sings a song...Sounds like she's singing... Whoo.. whoo.. whoo." Apparently, I commonly mistake lyrics and sing my own version of most songs. I usually don't realize it until someone graciously points out my lyrical blunders.

ANYWAY. This will now be a common theme for posts on this new (sort of) blog.

I also will have friends posting on here as well!
It will be more of a free for all and experimental page. Inspiration. Laughter. Anything.

Blahhhhh


No comments: